Re: I need a program to rename a huge amount of files and folders.

I often buy SFX libraries that are named in very strange ways, including some which use highly verbose file names, so I think I understand where you're coming from. I use Bulk Rename Utility, which lets you use regular expressions to do file matches and replacements. If you're not comfortable with regexp, it has other options that don't need it, as well. It can make sure all your files are properly capitalized, trim excess spaces from the file, and strip out nonalphanumeric characters. The current version (3.something) is actually less intuitive to me, so I'm posting here the setup file for version 2.73, the one I personally prefer.

Kai