Re: easy meals to get started with cooking your own food?

@Dark

No thanks, the last time I had a microwave meal from Asda here I was violently ill. Then again at least for me I'm a few moments walk from a butcher and a baker. No word on a candlestick maker though smile

@LodLondon: I'd say work your way up to an induction hob or a talking one of those, I believe they exist in Scandinavia.

Either way, try this:

1. Things you need: Two slices of bread. Bag of prawns

2. Method:

A. Toast brad in toaster

B. Defrost prawns, spread over toasted bread

C. Add sauce of choice and enjoy.
Other things that are somewhat easy*

1. Jacket potatoes, you should be able to get them ready to microwave in a shop, you don't need anything in them and they are good

Sandwiches. I know....I know, but sandwiches are easy to make and good, especially if you get creative with what you add in it. Scooby Doo, anyone?

Lastly, try this:

Get tortillas/nachos (Doritos will not do)

Put them in a bowl, add cheese, place in microwave for ten seconds

Allow to cool for a few moments, the bowl will be red hot if done right. Now, carefully take it out and set it down, you'll have a mass of melted cheese and nachos. It's another good thing to snack on if you're feeling lazy.

Oh and one more: Try this:

Ingreedients:

1 Jacket potato

1 handful of cheese (your preferred type)

1 tin of tuna fish,

1 can opener

Method:

1. Carefully find where the jacket potato is  sliced, it should peel apart into two sections

2. Take your handful of grated cheese and put it into the middle of the jacket potato so it coats the inside of it

3. Do the same for the tuna fish.

4. Microwave it for approx a minute (depending on microwave)

A jacket potato with tuna and cheese is very, very goo d...

@Dark (again): I dunno where you're shopping but the microwave meals in this bit of Wales put me off the stuff forever....the States is little better.

EDIT: I believe there's a site with beginner recipes out there, have a sniff around online and don't be afraid to bookmark links on your computer to go listen to them again.