Re: PhantasyRPG: Old Browser-Based RPG, New Direction

The Medalion of Nova is in your profile, actually. It's a reward, but it by itself doesn't actually do anything except prove that you did that quest. Essence of Undeath can be found too, but they aren't an actual item in and of themselves. They're a form of currency which you can use in an area within the graveyard called the mausoleum. You can trade essences of undeath for gear. I've already pointed out to them that they need to make this a bit clearer.

Regarding the tile text, or story tiles as I call them? I completely, 100% agree with you. I've always hated them, and I always will. Were it up to me, they'd all have been gone years ago. It will get a bit less silly as you climb in levels, generally, but you'll probably find at least a few examples in almost every area. When you reach either the Southern Grasslands or Lower Sewers (not the regular sewers, but an area beyond a boss at level 65), you may see fewer of them. I wrote many (though not all) of the tiles for those two zones - both were, in fact, sort of my pet projects when I was staff there a decade ago - and it shows. But yeah, with you all the way on story tiles. They're stupid and pointless and I'd rather just have descriptions of the area, even if they're not terribly interesting.

If you had chosen differently in that quest, you would have gotten a Helm of Ill Intentions instead. Slightly different stats.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nightshade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector