Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

Hey gang,

First off, it really does my heart good to read the kind words on this thread—both in regards to how excited you are about the game, and your patience and understanding in spite of how eager you are. It's honestly been a slightly discouraging couple of weeks, so that was a nice boost for me.

So, here's a little inside scoop, unofficially, while we wait to put out an official update on release. It's definitely not happening in June (in case you hadn't guessed). We aren't quite able to give you a firm date yet, but I can say that the final stages of development are taking a little longer than we'd hoped, for a couple of reasons. First, we had some business-related logistics that we had to get squared away before moving forward on some other things, and those have taken much, much longer than we expected. That's a bummer, but it is what it is.

The second reason has to do with the voice work for the game. We decided to contact a VO editor to process all of that so that our sound designer could spend what precious time he has (outside of a full-time job and other responsibilities) focusing on designing audio assets for the game and dialing in the technical sound design for the best possible experience. This was the most efficient option, which meant it was the option that would see us releasing as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the VO has proven much more time-consuming to process than we had expected. What that means is that we are not going to be able to afford having our VO editor do all of the processing—meaning that Drew, our sound designer, will have to do a significant chunk of the processing himself. Which is going to push back his timetable considerably. How considerably is difficult to tell—depends on how much free time he can find in the next few weeks.

So that's where we're at. Pretty soon we'll be adding a PayPal donations widget to our website. Anyone who wants to help hurry the process along can feel free to donate to the game at that point, as additional funds would allow us to get a few more hours of work out of our VO editor, and take some of that work off Drew's plate. Otherwise, we'll just keep pushing as hard as we can, and get this thing released as soon as it's ready.