Re: port forwording question

oh trust me, they don't know the code. It's a randomly generated 10digit code unique to each router. In fact, 10 bucks says your dad probably doesn't know the code either. Most people, digital illiterate or otherwise, will just have their ISP install the infrastructure for them and never touch the advanced settings just as long as it works, probably oblivious to the fact that, at least in my case when I looked at the ports, there were some forwarded already probably by their ISP. I've looked up how it is on my Uverse Arris Enterprizes nvg599 router, and there is no *default password*, same thing for the older pace plc one we had before the router upgrade. In some cases, the password and/or username could be admin, but that's not the case with Uverse routers. Did you tell your dad to look for the 10 digit number so we aren't mistaking it for either the wpa2 key or the serial number of the router?