Re: IOS Audio Game Hub 2.0

Here are my thoughts and maybe some advice to others:
For the advertisements, I've found the best way to deal with them is to tap the button at the bottom right of the screen, which brings you to the app store. Then I have to turn on Voiceover to close the app store and go back into Audiogame Hub. Not sure if there's an easier way to do this.
As for the Simon and Bomb Disarmer games: Simon is a little different than the tutorial suggests, as you can use different sound packs with the Simon game. You can get more packs by playing the game and you can also buy some from the app store as well. By default, you get two packs: the first is 4 of the 5 blocks from the blocks game (I prefer this one at present), and the second is some drum sounds. I think the tutorial should use one of those packs, since the tones it does use at present are misleading, and it makes the line between the two games even narrower.

Now for Bomb Disarmer. it uses dTMF tones as SLJ descr ibed. This is actually kinda funny, because about 10 minutes before I tried that game, a friend and I were talking about how I can improve my recognition of dTMF tones. Well here's an answer I suppose.

I thinki it sort of fits too, since if you are disarming bombs, it makes more sense to be using a dial pad than it would to be using some other device. I know this may be hard for some people though, and I won't pretend to be exempt from that myself; I barely can make it to the third level in campaign mode so I'm still not that good. I do enjoy the cut scenes, and can't wait to complete the campaign mode. BTW you can skip those cut scenes by tapping and holding your finger on the screen for one second.

Unfortunately there's a bug in Bomb Disarmer. In the tutorial, the layout is slightly different than it is in-game. The bottom left and the top right quadrants are reversed.

For the slightly more geeky members of my metaphorical audience, I 9;ll describe the layout of the screen using the DTMF numberings. Thinking of the tones this way helps me remember the sequences, so here goes.
In the tutorial top left is number 8, bottom left is 5, top right is 6, bottom right is 1. IN the actual game, top left is still 8, but bottom left is 6. Top right is 5 and bottom right is 1. Don't sue me if I'm inaccurate, I'm still not good at DTMF recognition! In any case, I hope the discrepancy can be fixed in the next update!

Admittedly, I haven't tried the other games since I assume they are largely unchanged, except of course for the improved menu system which I like. I can't wait to check out Animal Escape and Runner, they sound like arcade titles and I am a huge fan of arcade stuff. I think games like Blocks are also fun, games in which there is a strategic element and there is really no end... you keep going with the game getting harder and harder until you lose. I hope there can be more games of that variety in future. Something tells me at least one of the above two games will be like that, but only time will tell I guess. Regardless I am eager to check them out, especially on the PC since I find the PC version of this app to be more responsive.

Keep up the awesome work!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sonnar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : asredojevic via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : asredojevic via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sonnar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector