Re: Ascii games

There has traditionally been some efforts made to get  roguelikes more accessible, but the problem ultimately is that your dealing with one character in a  topdown view in a very large world which is randomly generated.

Look cursers to move around from the players' position and say distance say to nearest object, I even saw one which tried to give ideas of the rooms.
None have been quite successful as yet, and I suspect until someone comes up with a full screen sized braille display that would let you have  much by way of braille characters on screen as a sighted person gets print characters, they probably won't be.