Re: Android Advice

Hi,
When I say you need to pretty much set up your phone from scratch to create an accessible environment, I say it without any level of exagiration or irony. I had to do it for myself, and recently with Griff as I helped him set up his Samsung device that he returned because it didn't meet his expectations. All I've mentioned in post 4 is absolutely true, because I had to go through all those steps when I had my phone. As I said in a newer post on this topic, I can't see anything that has changed besides web browsing. You still need to install a call manager, a contact manager, a keyboard, an e-mail client, a homescreen, a music player, and other applications that stand for different services that are not accessible with Talkback.
Those who say that they've had luck with Android and their experience has been successful, either have not seen a better experience, or  most probably suffer from a kind of Apple paranoya. That's what I can say. Without making more comments, I can simply say that iPhone simply brings the phone experience to a new level for the blind and visually impaired users. Do not take this from a prospective of a fanboy, please! I started with an Android device and after switching to iOS, the difference became highly noticeable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector