Re: Going back to Windows 7, a good or a bad idea?

I would never have upgraded to Windows 10 in the first place. Besides all the spying and screen reader unfriendly apps, Microsoft has taken control of some parts of the computer away from the owners and given it to themselves.

For example, in Windows 7 Home Premium I have the ability to reject certain updates if I find I don't like the effect they have on my system, but with Windows 10 you have to get at least the Pro edition to keep that ability, in the Home edition, you automatically accept all updates Microsoft deems as important.

I will upgrade to Windows 10 only when I have to buy a new computer, and even then, I'll look for a second hand computer in excellent condition that can run Windows 7 first.

In my opinion, despite all its new features, Windows 10 is a step backwards instead of a step forward.