Re: aviation (aircraft) freaks, gather here!

Interesting topic. I am sorry for not really having anything to add. Anyway, has anyone listened to the Airplane Geeks Podcast or the Airline Pilot Guy podcast ? I have been in a jet before, but I do not recall what type. I was heading from Nashvill Tennessee up to denver to go skeeing with some people. There is one of time I went up in a prop, but I do not recall the type. I was in the co-pilot seat and I do recall holw the control felt while taking off. It was as if you could fill the wind under the wings tthrough the controls. Yes, the pilot had everything under control. I just am not at the seem level as everyone else in this topic when it comes to the freak level. From time to time, I like learning back at the history of aircraft. I remember reading something about how the 707 and the 747 came into being. As I recall, the 707 came in to being around the time when airlines did not see a need fo r jets and where said airlines did not think highly of them at all. I have to go dig up the info again to see what exzackly happened there to change the mind of airlines. I will post the title of the book I read as soon as I can remember.