Re: the killer, how to make it from one of the best to be one of the worse

So, though it's against my better judgement, I figure I'll post here. Maybe it's a chance for me to speak clearly. Mostly, as some of you knew when you saw my name, about the status of clones. There are different types of clones. There are clones of a game where someone honestly takes there time and spends hours and hours coding the game. But the clone that is always talked about here is code steeling clones. I'm not gonna go to deep into it because I don't want to start any drama though I will say this topic has been going extremely well smile So. It actually all starts with survive the wild. In this long chain of games stw, redspot, ultrapower, tk, all these games, there very base is survive the wild. In this line of games, I was the one who figured out how to use the network object in BGT to make good online games. Doubtless others knew how it worked, but no one really acted with it. So I made survive the wild's base, you could just create an account, log in and walk around the map, that was it. Mason at that time wanted to create ultrapower. So, I trusted him with survive the wild's base. So ultrapower was made. Over a year or so, some drama in between, both stw and ultrapower flourished. Then, threw a pretty complicated series of events, ultrapower's code was stolen. That code was used to make dazafio mordal or how ever you spell it, BTB, all that stuff. So once ultrapower died, me and mason got together and decided to make a new fps sence we lost ultrapower, and we called it redspot. After a while however, ivan the developer of TK, managed to hack into both mine and mason's system's and steel a lot of code. This includes stw, redspot, all this stuff. He used redspots base, to make TK then just added features to it. So in short that's the entire line. No doubt complicated etc, but that's pretty much wha t happened. But this is the undermined thing. When people who know what happened say cloned, we don't mean someone sat down and wrote there own copy of our game with it's features. We mean the source code to our game was stolen, and used to write another game. So now the time I put into writing redspot, is being used to make ivan money for TK. I'm not saying all of this to try to start drama or anything, just to make sure that people know what happened. I must say it is not a pleasant experience watching people enjoy TK, knowing in my mind that the reason TK exists in the first place is that redspots source was stolen from me. Say you spent 2 months working on this excellent presentation for school. You did it honestly, you worked really hard on it, you even spent money to purchase books and information to complete your amazing presentation. But then, the night before you are to present it, your house is broken into and your presentation is stolen by another kid in cl ass. The kid who stole it worked threw the night to modify it to his personal liking, then went to school, presented it, and got the fame of the class. And you are sitting there, watching it be presented by someone other than you, knowing that you spent the time making it. That would not feel very good would it. That's how I feel. That's how I have felt for about a year now. The killer, that DM game, btb, all however distantly using my codebase. Especially the killer. And I'm not even speaking for mason here, who got his ultrapower code and other game code stolen, that was also used to make BTB, and other such games. I don't expect you guys to care much. You see a working game and you enjoy it. I understand that. Why should you care about the games origin if it's there for you to enjoy. But for anyone who does care, that's what happened. I just saw this topic as a Spam? to hopefully be at least a little bit heard.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : vlad25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector