Re: Which Programming Language Should I Pick?

I think that Java could be a good option for developing cross-platform games. First of all, if you know BGT, switching to Java will be much easier because of similar syntax. Second, your game will run on any PC platform with no need to first implement support for that platform. Third, Java is very popular, especially in business world, so finding an answer for a certain problem is not that hard. Fourth, Java is easier than C++, since it makes many things for you (garbage collection is one of them so you don't need to allocate and deallocate memory yourself). The only thing required at least on Windows is installing Java Runtime, but this is what sighted people need to do as well, so I don't see the reason why we should be different, because installing JRE doesn't require sighted assistance. If you make a self-voicing game, you even don't need to enable access bridge. Eclipse IDE is accessible and makes development process faster. Also, if you're planning t o start making Android games, Java and recently Kotlin are your best options, since they are officialy supported for Android development.