Re: The Girl Who Sold the World - new and highly immersive audio adveture

I'm happy to share good news with you:
We're back on the App Store and the App is free for download again.
To make this accident up to you, we decided to run the Promo one extra day on the App Store:)

@Aaron: yes, we do already have a very talented voice actress who is lending her voice to Frances. Her name is Sara Garcia and she did a beautiful job.
We heard over 4000 voice actors before we chose her:)
As far as Frances directly communicates with the player, I don't know ( yet) if we will adapt this style into Ear-Mode. Maybe we should have a poll on that topic later on. I will definitely have a look at the game you mentioned and maybe get some inspiration from it.

@abdulla-dubais: You have no sound? Which device are you playing on and which OS do you have? To answer your other questions:
The Girl Who Sold the World is an episodic game. The whole story will be told in 7 chapters. Each chapter (except for chapter one) will consist of several ( mostly three to four) sub-chapters which you will be able to play. Which sub-chapter you will be able to play depends on the decisions you make. For example, depending on decisions made in chapter one, you will unlock sub-chapter A of Chapter Two. If you are curious what happens in sub-chapter B, you will eventually have to go back to chapter one and make other decisions.  There are a lot of branches and a lot of stories to be told. Depending on the success of chapter one we would like to release chapters at a steady pace. For now, it is hard to tell whether it will take three or four, or even five months to produce chapter two. The Story is written (well, most of it), but we would like to hire a bigger team in order to speed things up a bit and to start working on accessibility.

Hope I could help,

Barbara

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LyorahStudios via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hannes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nina0116 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector