Re: Help with "Braille Art"

"Patented but not produced" appears to describe every promising bit of haptic technology I've read about since 2002, which frustrates me to no end.*

For the braille output I use in my games, computer braille is expected. It pretty much has to be; for example, a horizontal line across the top of a cell might be written as "cccc", but if that were translated into grade 2, it'd get crunched to what "c3c" looks like. (So sorta like the -_- emoticon...?).

* Since 2002 meaning "since I started researching haptics". From the looks of it, the disappointment goes back much further than that. The Tactile Explorer was functional (if bulky) in the 1990s; the concept behind the Tesla Touch and Senseg's Tixels was the subject of a 1953 article in Science, the NIST was playing with prototypes in the early 2000s, etc, etc, etc. ... And Apple and Google's latest haptics patents involve Piezoelectric actuators. * Sigh*