Re: Hims Polaris: Android as a laptop

I know that there are chrome books whitch are laptops with just the chrome browsers as the OS. I think that some of these cromes will soon be able, if not already, will be able to  run android apps when google gets around to adding that in. Of course these laptops are based off of linux, but no terminal as far as I know. Of course you can hack these in such away where you can run a per linux oS on them if you wish and know what you are doing. I also understand that you can side load apps on to android devices if you wish. This basicly means that you change a setting and load just about any app you wish. Of cource this means that you do not have to go through the google play store to load an app. Maybe you could side load a terminal app? I do not know how much use you will have if you do not have root access though. Plus android app, if I remember right, use a java like API. I do not know how much of a problem this would be for you. In short, Android is based off of linux, but do not expect to run linux apps on it without some trouble. How much trouble, I can not tell you.