Re: Accessible Forum Software Packages

I've encountered Wordpress blogs that occasionally post "open threads", where the commenters can talk about whatever. This is terrible, screen reader-wise, since the organization is based around indenting replies, so the best one can do is jump between lists/list items, or use the "escape current container" command with NVDA (which backfires if you're in a top-level comment that somehow sounds like a reply). Basically, the 2010s method of threaded comments is appealing from the perspective of sighted people who got sick of forums with quote-trains, but the most we get out of it is a hide button (and that isn't always supported).