Re: Accessible anti virus programs

Malwarebytes is really not that accessible, I use it once a year on the remote boxes and clear stuff, but mostly it finds vary little.
One time it did last month, a user had been looking for things, software which was for skype recording and a few other things.
Instead of asking me he decided to go it alone with expected results.
Clearing the infestations out wasn't the problem, backing up his files wasn't the problem, but as well as destroying the malware the program and other things he used destroyed his sound card drivers which I had to reinstall.
It destroyed all his outlook databases, and office and his user profile.
He uses this system as a box for odds and ends and everything is on the cloud.
So its not the biggest loss, however just fixing all those issues alone is a nightmare.
Especially since he got a system from the lowest shady bidder on the net.
And the hardware is so old and outdated I am not sure if it will survive t he next reformat and if that happens it may be easier to just replace it.
So I tried and thank the good lord that the system came back up.
I had to replace one insecure, and quite old and out of date wireless card which had caused a lot of issues, but as far as I care the entire system is a security risk, there are no updates not even hardware security updates because its to old.
it cost him 200 dollars and is cobbled together from junkish bits and bobs.
If the good lord gave me about 2000 dollars today, I'd buy him a reputable system from a reputable dealer.
He has got from the same place a branded laptop, but its a branded laptop.
An hp one, its had some modification, and it to is no longer supported by hp but bar a couple drivers I had to load it runs default microsoft hardware and even hp says it doesn't need anything on its website so I leave it like that.