Re: Why I left Linux and Android

Hello,
Speaking of web browsing and emailing, I agree that Voice Over has some advantages comparing to Talkback, such as more navigation modes and easy text selection. On Android it could be a bit harder, but it's not impossible. GMail application is accessible, but I don't like the interface so I've got AquaMail which is the most accessible email client on Android and deleting messages is simple as tapping on a selector to the left of each message and choosing delete.
But you guys who constantly complain about Android's eas of use, look at iTunes. It took me a bunch of time tabbing through the iTunes interface and finding a right place just to transfer a stupid recording to my PC. I'm using my device for listening to music and recording stuff as well, so it's really counterproductive for me to waste my time just to copy a single file onto device. The only thing that Apple allows you to do via copy-paste is transfering your pictures and vide os, which is very important for a totally blind person big_smile. I agree that Android's openness has it's bad sides, but at least you can do many more things and transfering files is as simple as finding a device in Windows Explorer and copying-pasting a file or folder. And using 3rd-party apps is something that sighted people do as well, because even on Windows you will certainly use a better web browser than Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. I don't believe that Windows Narrator will ever support third-party apps, since Microsoft is focusing only on accessibility of their own apps, so NVDA will be step further for a long time.
Have you ever asked yourself why iOS apps are more expensive than Android apps? Well, read my post number 24 again and you will know the answer. XCode which is used for developing iOS apps probably requires a better Mac computer, which is far from cheep, and XCode doesn't run on Windows.
Yes, Voice Over is nice for what it does, at least on iOS, but some people don't use their phones only for calling, messaging and mailing. Some people want a lot more, so in my opinion iPhone or iPad is definitely not a device for more advanced users who want the most of their devices.So, my message to Apple is: Give me removable storage, allow me to develope apps on Windows for a smaller fee, give me SD card support, give me more TTS choices and you will get me.