Re: Jaws eloquence crash strings

Hello,
To activate Speech History in JAWS, you press insert+Space, followed by H.

JAWS is a significantly professional screen reader, whether you are in an educational, work, or business environment. It has quite a lot of features that are meant to suit the needs of all users, and not a few who may need some, or many features built into the screen reader. It is fairly customisable as you can customise how JAWS reads and displays the information, how you want to work with the information and how you want to change the information you are working on. Particularly, I find JAWS a very professional program in an educational environment where I am everyday. It is very well integrated with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and outlook. I like the customisation you can make on JAWS, for instance; you can make JAWS read in another voice, or in a deep voice text that is italicised, bold, underlined or bullitted. For each of the above features you can customise JAWS to speak in a particular voice or pitch. Also, you can yourself create a so-called scheme or reading scheme that suits your needs in reading and hearing information. For example, you can create a scheme where JAWS reads bold, italicised or underlined text in a deep voice, play a sound when a misspelled word is encountered, and report the colour or style of text in another voice. You can customise it the way you like so as to help you get more information on the document or webpage you're working on, and work more efficiently with your documents.
I don't know how many of you are at university, where you need to be very precise about the things you read, things you write, things you say, and things you learn. I have never found myself comfortable working with NVDA in what I mentioned above, (in an educational environment). JAWS has helped me a lot in reading and writing. For example, our professors give me lectures in electronic formats, and they highlight the information that is es sential to remember. They always italicise it and when JAWS encounters the text, the voice changes to a deep one, just as it was reading a dialog box, or a notification. But it's not only this. JAWS reports more information on a document, for example, the line where the cursor is focused, or you can read the statistics of the document by pressing insert+shift+N and it will tell you how many pages does the document consist of, the language of the text, whether it has spelling errors, comments, and also the layout of the document, that is, print layout, reading layout, outline, or web layout.
Finally, I have to rightfully mention that I am not a JAWS fanboy. I have tried several times to switch to NVDA, even managed to stay a full week with NVDA, but there are some things that NVDA doesn't have, that are not fulfilled either by the basic package, or by the package with Add-ons.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector