Re: the killer, from 1 good, drama free fps, to a down right redspot clone

Guitarman The rules don't forbid that kind of language, and unless it is directed specifically at you, then you have no grounds to curtail it's usage.
And unless you are a mod, and I don't think you are but I could be wrong it's hard to keep up with, than threatening to tattle is a bit silly, not to mention ineffective, I'm sure the mods will be watching such an active thread anyway...
The only real choice you have is to not look if you don't want to see.

Big gun, I wasn't saying your post was personal, I was saying it wasn't.

Assault Freak, I agree that the divide between player and individual member on a game development team is wider in the mainstream, non indi world, but that's kind of natural with the massive amount of users and the large team.
However, personal attacks happen all the time, not that it's even comparable really since this is such a small community, all of which suffer from the same thing. Just look at gamer gate, a wide spread knee jerk reaction followed by simultaneous heated but useful discussion about the current integrity of game journalism, equal parts trolling and legitimate serious harassment including death threats and doxing, and some serious attention whoring from some of the victims.
How about all the drama around PewDiePie and his, likely not hateful but still stupid racial comments, or the crap storm that happens when someone popular is caught cheating or gam bling.
How about people that get turned into memes and made fun of incessantly about stupid shit, like Gabe Noel and his weight.
Or forums dedicated to harping on game devs for making controversial decisions, yes, usually directed at the company at large but if a scapegoat is found than they will burn them at the stake.
I don't know what kind of walled off communities you frequent but this is the kind of thing that the, admittedly, drama hungry media end up reporting on weekly, so it's kinda hard to miss.
I mean, have you ever played a multiplayer game? you must have, people can be shitty everywhere, not just in certain places, and yeah, again, I still think this community is over all not that bad at all compared to many, many others.
I'm not saying it's the best either, there are some really chill spots on the web to hang out but, this is pretty much all we've got for our little niche and it could be way worse.