Re: King of Dragon Pass?

Agreed on that King of dragon pass is an exceptional game with extremely good accessibility, though I will warn that if your new to  navigating the interface can be rather interesting.

You can find out more here on the King of dragon pass database page which also includes a link to a getting started podcast by, ---- well me, which was intended to cover some of the things you need to get used to in Kodp both in terms of gameplay and in terms of the interface.

for first time Vo users though, there  textual games that are easier to navigate. The choiceofgames and hosted games titles for example, also A dark room  it's sequel The ensign, not to mention the similar game nano empire, indeed I'd strongly recommend adr and it's sequel just on rpg grounds.
There is also the extremely good time crest as well as several other real time story based games that might be fun to try out, though timecrest is probably the most rpg like.

Lastly, There are also the adventure to fate games, which have extremely good vo support, but again navigation can be somewhat interesting, and I'm not sure how vo support is going currently with some of the updates to the interface.

Hth.