Re: Fake speed hack ditection in STW

@8, now just wait a minute. You say that I need to provide you proof, yet you do not? What is this, an "interrogate-Ethin's-every-statement" topic now? I never said that it wasn't impossible in every language. I said it was very difficult to do in BGT, and said it was a terrible idea. I also said that it makes people want to cheat more when you try to create cheating prevention measures. Such proof can be found on web pages like https://kotaku.com/5919160/one-shot-one … deo-games, https://www.pcgamesn.com/counter-strike … t-spinbot, http://www.pcgamer.com/why-is-it-so-har … ideogames, and even http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/ch … ry-653045.
Now, as for your monitoring of movement and determinations on whether the player(s) were outside the target zones: yes, that would work. But in order to truly permanently prevent a speed hack, you can't always rely on the server, especially if the server is as laggy as some say it is -- 20-30 seconds of lag, for instance. If the server detects speed hacks, by the time it does the player could've speed hacked a hundred times or more and gotten away with it. So that's why I said that speed hacking is so hard -- you need to do it client-side, and since programs like Cheat Engine rely on DLL injection to accomplish speed hacks, rather than a skilled cheater debugging the game and changing a couple values within CPU registers, you're forced to detect DLL injections. While websites like https://stackoverflow.com/questions/869 … injection, https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum … vcgeneral, and https://reverseengineering.stackexchang … e-detected discuss doing this in languages like C, C++, C#, etc., it's most likely going to be nearly impossible to do it in BGT without loading DLLs yourself due to BGT's limited subset of features. Stop trying to discredit me when I say something you disagree with. I may say something that is incorrect, or may do it multiple times, but that doesn't mean you have to discredit me and make me look like nothing I say is ever the truth.
Also, one final thing: if you do manage to detect DLL injection, filtering out which DLL is which presents a far larger risk -- that of breaking loaded DLLs. You might think that your stopping speed hacking when you implement something like that, but in truth you might break screen reader usability.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : charliemerry1902 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : charliemerry1902 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sorressean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : charliemerry1902 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hamada via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector