Re: The Effect of Cliches on a Story: A Writer's Inquiry

Thanks Cae, glad my random rambles did sort of come in handy big_smile.

if I was being critical I would wonder about tracy hickman and clichés, since I know the dragonlance books  much were written with D&D character sheets, then again since I've never read any of them I can't say  cliché they are, or more to the point how well written.

My lady did read one trilogy but they had such a damnably dismal and grim ending she never wanted to continue, though I suspect that was one in the middle of the series.

I might go and look through them at some stage, but it's not a priority not with all the amazingly good stuff that is out there that I want to read.