Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

@Niklas, the sound system is still something I want to work on later, my aim will be to get an external sound library code so that I can have overlapping sound effects for battles and things!

As for the puzzles and challenges, definitely a good idea, there are already a few (like in the blackmarket) and while not timed, there are special events that only occur every so often, ie the band that appears in one of the taverns every 5 years, or the viking chant in that old northern hall every 50 years.

As for the special events giving you glimpses into the past, I don't fully understand how that could be implemented, you might need to further explain that to me.

@Defender, firstly welcome back smile glad you're liking the races and the blackmarkets development, my whole goal is for you as king to feel powerful and in relative control.

As for your comments on ma in content being added, I couldn't agree more, the problem I've had is spending more time fleshing things out that finishing certain parts of the game or adding more structure, which I aim to do now, if it's any consolation, while there's still work to be done the adventurers update was an OLD OLD OLD plan, pushed to the back of my lists, and it's been so long in the making I decided it had to be done for 0.7, so this is going to be hopefully the first in many core developments and updates.

I plan soon to work on finishing the regions that are full of question marks, like in this update where the south got filled out a bit more, I've added new end game areas too, like the unconquerable lands, but it's still in the process at the moment.

I want to fix up the rest of the adventurers stuff, code the unconquerable lands, expand more on my blackmarket feature ideas, finish knighly orders (they currently don't fight demons) fix some old longstanding bugs (like the grand champion of the arena) an work on the minor goblin clans actually having some bearing in the game.

My goals over the next few months (if I can avoid getting sidetracked on feature creep) is to make it close to being a finished game, I'd like to think it's very playable now but this late into development it feels like a crime to have whole regions full of questionmarks and so on.

But regardless I absolutely agree with your concerns and not only that but I'm glad you've raised them, my thoughts on the development process are often more shaped by the points raised by the players than myself overall so it means a lot!

And I do like that idea, instead of you being the invader, it could be a random event whereby seemingly overnight the world as you know it is under seige by a huge army or (whomever) though it's not in the plans at the moment.

@Niklas, the auto-updater is a brilliant idea but I'm not su re weather a console application could have that kind of functionality, I will look into it though!

@Threeblacknoises, I may have messed up the link, I'll be redoing the links soon but the only free version is now months old and missing a lot of content as the game went live on steam and itch.io not too long ago smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dranelement via Audiogames-reflector