A new modern paranormal mud, Islands.

Islands is a game released this October. I joined today, and it looks really interesting. Theyre in beta stage.
This is from mud connect:
" site: islands.genesismuds.com 3000 [216.136.9.8]
email: islands (at) genesis-mud (dot) com
  theme: modern, mystery, supernatural, island life

Location: USA
Primary Language: English
Minimum Players: Under 10
Multi-Play: Yes
Mapping: Offline
Crafting: Custom Crafting System
Player Reviews Refused
Class-less System
Multi-classing Allowed
Equipment Saved
Quests Available
Character Approval Unnecessary
Roleplaying Is Enforced
Newbie friendly
Skill & Level-Based Training System
Detailed Character Creation
Player Crafting System
Player Cities
Screen-Reader Friendly
World is all original
Small World (under 3,000 rooms)
Generally Adult-Oriented
Mud is open to players for testing
Islands is a mo dern mystery RPG set in the small archipelago country of Paanau Ariki in the South Pacific. A popular tourist destination, the islands feature beautiful beaches and coral reefs, an exotic jungle, and bustling cities and towns. The islands have a rich history of natives, Dutch explorers and Spanish explorers. It was sold to the Germans by the Spanish, and then after World War I, given to the Japanese as part of the South Pacific Mandate. Later, it was taken from the Japanese by the Americans in World War II, and now is an American territory. This blend of cultures leads to an interesting collection of towns and architecture throughout the island.

But all is not picture perfect in the islands of Paanau Ariki.  Petty criminals roam the city of Kopu Bay. After a sudden influx of money from the government, Kopu Bay has been being upgraded and repaired, while other areas have been neglected. The town of Okuzaki is in open rebellion and under police lockdown, and are protesting the use of the money and questioning the receipt of it. Recent typhoons have destroyed several areas and blocked the jungle, and citizens and tourists are needed to help clean up.

We are currently open, but still a work in progress (beta), and do not (at the moment) have a combat system, though there are other skill systems in place at the moment.

We are more focused on hosting role-playing events, and role-playing. We are looking for active players who prefer story-telling and RP to the systems bit. The staff is always willing to help players build their character's storylines, and we are always open to providing the equipment for that. We also are happy to implement things into the game to help build your character, if you choose to be someone more 'local' and less of a tourist.

We do have the beginnings of a skill system in place (harvesting, fishing, painting, foraging, photography, economics, clamming, singing). Several things such as scuba diving, cooking, hacking, lockpicking, first aid and combat is in the works."
And i'll show you a few help files from the game.
"INTRODUCTION
-------------------------
Welcome to Islands, a modern day paranormal/mystery text-based RPG. It is set in the South Pacific on a fictional group of islands known as the Paanau Ariki Islands. You will find a wide variety of areas to explore. Currently, the game is in its beginning stages, and may not have as many features as you may be used to with other games. We are actively working on expanding features, and enjoy player input. We hope that in the mean time, you will enjoy the companionship of others and what events we can run while we work on implementing a combat and skill system."

"HARVESTING
-------------------------
Hamamas Diwai Plantesan is a well known local fruit plantation. It serves as both a tourist destination and a real world experience. If you visit Areta at the pro duce stand just inside of the plantation, and ASK ARETA FOR JOB, she will let you know what fruits she needs the most of at that time. Grab a crate and head out to the orchards.
Your crate will make it easier to sell fruits to Areta, but she is very picky about what quality of fruit will count towards your job. Once you've found the appropriate fruit trees, go ahead and HARVEST the FRUIT you've been assigned. Fill up your crate and take it back to Areta to SELL. When you complete your job, she will reward you with a large monetary bonus.
Mind the armed guards on the plantesan. They don't take too kindly to people harvesting without a job, or harvesting the wrong kind of fruit. In fact, it's considered to be stealing, so be sure you are doing an honest's days work." And many more, I'm still learning what we can do too. The game looks cool, and it's worth a try. This is the description of the smartwatch you receive when creating your c haracter, it made me smile. "It reads: 7:57 a.m.
This is the basic model of the smartwatch. It has a square screen that shows the latest FaceSpace posts. A hidden speaker can be toggled to read the posts with text-to-speech technology. The band is canvas." Hope to see you around!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SilverMoon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector