Using nvda's OCR feature to recognise streamed text from xbox?

So I figured I'd post a new topic about this rather than spam up the UFC one with these questions. I've been able to get the xbox to stream just fine, but when I try to review the screen in the ap window with nvda I get nothing recognisable what soever. I'm just using nvda plus R, but I'm wondering if I have to mess around with the object navigation or something? I've taken a look at nvda's user guide, but nothing I try seems to make anything noteworthy  happen lol so any advice would be appreciated.