Re: how to make cutscenes in BGT?

The way I do it is to use a string array containing the lines. If the scene calls for something more complicated, like sounds or music changes, I include these as commands at the end of the line they should follow, separated from the spoken text by |, and each command is separated by \n.
Then, I have 2 functions: one for reading the current line (remember that it's good to let players repeat it before continuing), and one for advancing to the next line, which is where the extra commands are parsed. Explaining how the command-parsing works is a bit much for this post as it is.
Then, when a scene is in progress, call the advance function when the player presses enter, and read when the player presses a direction. Or use whichever controls you want (remappable controls are nice), so long as there's a button or more for each action.
Skipping is a simple matter of clearing the array, unless you're using extra commands that you need to have happen even if the player skips the scene. If not, resize(0) is good enough. If so, you'd need to do more interesting parsing on skipping.