Does Anyone Have A Solution to this Problem

Hello,
I'm currently having this issue where at random occasions, a window will pop up stating that Windows Process Manager has stopped responding. I also keep my computer running over night, and when I wake up and check on it, other background processes seemed to have stop working as well. I tried to use Windows Defender, but when I start the scan, all the timers freeze at 0 minutes and 0 seconds and it doesn't actually try to scan. The last thing I can remember doing that might have something to do with this is running C Cleaner to fix my registry. Do I have to reinstall the OS to fix this? Thanks in advance.