Re: chrome add ons and other things, go!

Hi.

I'm using chrome right now to write this and completely agree with timberwolf1991.

Chrome is a lot faster than firefox for me.

I can also delete bookmarks when ever I wish. This was an issue with Firefox for me and had been on and off ever since I started using it.

NVDA has this thing where when you press enter Chrome speaks what you've tiped which might be useful if you're a beginner to screen readers but for me it's a little annoying.

Have you experienced this timberwolf1991?

Here's a feature I'd suggest people try out, even if you just download chrome once.

You can do a voice search from google using google Chrome. You could arrow down and press enter on the button, in fact I think you have to do that to allow the feature to work for the first time. Once you've done that, there is an easier way to access this feature. On windows it is control shift full stop, (piriod.) and on the mac it is command shift full stop, (piriod.)

This feature has made me very excited.

"Why? Surely it's just like Siri or Cortana, right?" Nope! This feature is awesome and shows what google is doing to improve Artificial inteligence in its browser.

You can ask google, for example, "Who is Harry potter?" The text to speech will reply with a little snipet of a Wikipedia article. Then, and hear is where the magic happens, you can ask it things like, "Where did he go to school?" "How old is he?" "Does he have a girlfriend?"

The magic doesn't stop at the wizarding world of Harry Potter. Oh no! How about fruit, do you like fruit? I do. I'll be the first to admit I'm not someone who counts calories but I found this to be awesome.

I pressed control shift full stop, (piriod,) and asked "How many calories are in an Apple?" the text to speech told me that there are 52 calaries in 100 grams of apple, not exactly what I was looking for but it's better than nothing. I thought okay, that's cool but let's try something. I then pressed the shortcut and asked, "what about Bananas?" The text to speech then told me that there are 89 calaries in 100 grams of Banana.

Isn't that awesome?

It doesn't stop there!

I thought, okay, let's test this awesome AI thing. I asked, "What is Braille?" The text to speech told me what Braille was, so I then pressed the shortcut and asked, "Who invented it?" I got the correct reply.

Alright, I thought, let's try something a little trickier. "When did he die?" It told me.

[[wow]], okay, I bet it doesn't know this next one, I thought, thinking i'd one and that I'd be a little disappointed. "Does he have any sisters or brothers?"

It told me the answer!

What about spelling?

I know, and i'm sure people who read my posts know that I'm not a very good speller. I'm working on it but progress is slow. That's okay, I have google to help me out.

If you want to know how to spell a word, just press the shortcut for your opperating system, then say something like, "How do you spell..." word you want to spell.

If you're British like me you might get a little frustrated with certain words. According to google when I say, "How do you spelll trickier," it thought I said "How do you spell trachea."

That's okay, i'm sure this feature will be useful to me in the months and years to come.

This is so awesome. the AI remembers what you've asked it and searches  for the answer.

Some negatives.

1. You do have to ask your question quite quick. I think it's a minute apart, otherwise it seams to forget.

2. It seems you can't be on the search box or the text that says, search with voice and must be above it where the buttons and the rest of the page is.

I hope you enjoy playing around with the voice search as much as I will.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector