Re: Diagnostic Complete. Problem Found, myriad occurrences: Error 404...

@JLove,
As Jack said earlier, addressing both of your concerns is exactly why the audiogames archive was created. Games that are no longer available from the developer are often submitted to us and then added to the archive, and anyone who has made recordings is welcome to submit them for inclusion in our recordings section. This, of course, includes podcasts or instructional materials, and in several cases we've included such alongside a game.
We also provide some information in cases where getting a game up and running is confusing, such as TDV, or those games that were distributed in source-only form.
In a few cases a developer has contacted us and requested that we not make a title available for download. If this is the case (regardless of whether there are people who wish to play it or not), it seems only right that the developer's wishes be respected. It is their creation, after all.

[Edit - amazing topic title, by the way.]
Best,
John