Re: Non 24 Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder

I have sleep issues too. Mine are kinda predictable to a point. I can normally keep a good 24 hour schedule for a while, but either one or two things will inevitably happen: First, I'll either gradually start drifting as the weeks go by and stay up later and later, or second, something will excite me and I will stay up super late one night, and that will kick-start my sleep schedule a few hours later than it was previously, and before long I'm nocturnal. The only way I've successfully been able to fix this is letting it wrap around an entire 24-hour cycle. I haven't found any effective methods for forcing myself to stick to a consistent bedtime, because I would be so anxious over it that I wouldn't have any fun at night, and probably wouldn't get as much sleep as I would if I let myself relax. Lol

Sometimes my sleep patterns will actually get stuck on a 24 hour schedule for anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. This is good if it happens to be at decent times, but other times it gets stuck in this really broken routine. Go to bed at 8 in the morning and wake up at 4 in the evening, for example. I'm just coming off of a few weeks of that, actually. So I have to fight with that too.

Occasionally I'll think my sleep schedule is on the mend, but I'll unexpectedly either get tired too quickly, or not sleep long enough or whatever, and before I know it my schedule is close to where it was before, meaning I have to basically try again. It gets annoying, and I won't lye, in college I didn't cope with it well and would record lectures simply because I could not stay awake in class.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BlindJedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : serrebi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector