Re: Making an Espeak Voice

These are variants, and this may be enough for you if all you care about is overall voice changes.  To add new languages, or modify existing ones to sound better, you need to look at espeakedit, which is..well..maybe marginally accessible.  It's in a few parts: the variant, a text file as shown above, and a data set of rules for conversions to phonemes and lists of instructions on how to synthesize them.  This second part is what must be touched to improve or modify an existing language, or made from scratch to make a new one.  You do the first part as shown above.  The second part is...more complex, and requires a lot of knowledge and I believe espeakedit.  I've played with variants, but can't provide any real info on how to go further and make/modify a language.  A language and a variant together make a voice in Espeak terms, if I recall correctly.  Which you need depends on what you actually want to do.

  • Re: [Audiogames-... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ammericandad2005
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: burak
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ammericandad2005
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: leibylucwgamer
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: burak
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: leibylucwgamer
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ammericandad2005
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: ondrosik
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: camlorn