Re: I'm looking for a decent laptop, any suggestions?

hi Omar,
I agree with you 100% on ultrabooks. My friends keep bugging me to get an ultrabook instead of a regular laptop for my next machine, however, I don't want a machine that has inferior performance, and which is underpowered, to my current toshiba satallite l50A. Having said that, I will touch on a topic noone has talked about in this topic. Intel has done a refresh of their processors. The current eighth gen processers double the cores in the underpowered U processors to four. Additionally, the i7 can overclock to 4.20 GHZ, which is insane on a 15 watt processor. Technology sites are talking about a 75% performance boosts in some tasks, while the general boost is around 40% for other tasks. I can't imagine what the H processors will be like with this new gen of processors. My recommendation would be to wait until the eighth gen processors become more common, and buy one, since the performance boosts are rather massive.