Re: Listening to other people talk

I think people are also scared of being wrong. Humans love to be right and it gives them immense pleasure when they find out they were indeed right. Maybe a certain sense of superiority. Thusly, some people can't let go easily and will hold on to what duct tapes their world or view together in a coherent manner, at least for them. Because we also don't like it when something we believed to have known for years suddenly turns out to be wrong.
I tend not to have too many issues with that personally, I know I'm wrong on many levels and I might even just be rambling on and adding nothing to this conversation, but a lot of people need to learn to appreciate learning itself and not defend their point with claws and teeth unless they can back up their reasoning. That said, I think one of my problems is being quite heated during arguments so I just try to avoid them at all costs. sad