How do I implement Text-To-Speech in a Java program?

Hello, I am a beginner programmer. I have been learning how to program with Java for quite some time and I understand all the basics of creating different classes and having them work together for a simple program.

I recently made a little text based game and it runs in the console and I can play it from there, but I wanted to take it from there to the next level, by having text to speech (TTS) and sound effects, instead of just playing it from the boring and dry console. However here I run into an implementation issue due to lack of experience.

I have been searching through the internet for pretty much the whole of the last two days for an answer for how to implement TTS in a java program, with so far very disappointing results. The best I have been able to find  is TTS that is ancient and isn’t even supported anymore.

So my question is whether any of you could please provide advice on implementing TTS in a java program.

I wouldn’t mind if my program wasn’t self voiced, but instead somehow fed text to NVDA or JAWS for it to read. However I am not sure how to implement that in a java program either. So if anyone could advise me with that  too, I would greatly appreciate it.