Christmas 2017 title competition

Introduction

As it's the season of peace and good will to all men, not to mention really terrible   Christmas cracker jokes, there seemed no better way to celebrate than by getting everyone to get really competitive.

here is your chance to win a custom forum rank. So instead of having the default post count shades of newbie, galaxy ranger, Kitchin golfer  etc as your rank title, I will, with my own to hands write out whatever title you wish.
The full list of ranks can be seen in the site and forum faq,

How do you win this prestigious award?

Easy!
As anyone has noticed there are now a lot  of audiogames, for several different platforms. Therefore it seems like a good idea that we should expand the current ranks system to cover a few more games.

Currently there are 43 rank titles, at 0, 25, 100 and 250 posts, and then for every 250 posts there after up to 10000.

Given the ever expanding number  of audiogames, I thought it might be fun to also expand our number of rank titles, and instead of leaving this up to my deranged brain, I thought it might be fun to leave this to the possibly deranged brains of our loyal members.

What you have to do

To win a custom rank title all you need to do is reply to this topic suggesting a possible rank title to be added to the list of site ranks.

The rules

Only one entry per member. Please reply to this topic with your rank title suggestion. You may suggest a rank title for any audiogame on any platform, produced at any time that doesn't currently have one (for details of what games currently have rank titles based on them please see the list in the faq).

The title must be based on a game that is an audiogame, ie it must contain audio as well as text, though it's possible we might make exceptions for long standing textual games with a heavy  audio element and screen reader adaptation as we have in the cases of King of dragon pass, adventure to fate and Alteraeon.

It may be a game that doesn't currently have a db page so long  it is likely to get a db page in the future, ie, it is an accessible game, therefore, no titles based on graphical mainstream games such as street fighter or mortal combat.

title suggestions must be based on actual games. A general gaming term such as roleplayer, mudder etc is not acceptable.

there is no rule that two entries cannot refer to the same game, though manifestly copying someone else's entry exactly is a bad idea.

please only reply to this topic with possible suggestions including the name of the game your suggesting  rank title for, and the suggestion of your title. If you have questions about the competition, please ask them in The site and forum feedback area any posts in this topic which do not contain suggestions will be deleted.

The competition will be open from now, Thursday December 21st, and will close on the first of January 2018, though if we don't have enough entries by  then time may be extended.

Judgement of winning entries will be made by myself and the moderation team and will be based on the titles we find funniest/cleverest, rather than on say what games we like or what games are new.

Note to moderators

If any moderators want to enter your quite free to do so, however making an entry obviously disqualifies you from judging the competition.

If all the mods enter then the competition gets judged by me alone, and I'll be sure to let everyone know where to send your bribes big_smile.

Prizes

As well as having their rank title suggestions added to the list,, people who come up with the ten best entries will be able to choose a custom title.

This may be literally anything you like within reason (ie nothing too offensive please), and does not need to be based on anything to do with gaming, details of the winners and how to decide on your title will be posted in another news item when the competition is over.

Now, feel free to put on your festive thinking caps and we'll prepare for pun nish ment! big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : saiteja via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : JasonBlaze via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector