Re: Need help with iTunes

Thanks.  That works great.  I managed to import my audio books.

For anyone reading this who had the same issue I did.  Just to elaborate on Flacker' post.  In step 3 keep pressing tab until you hear your NVDA say something about the sidebar.  That is where you have to press down to get to the different categories.

A few important notes on importing audio books are the following:

1) They must be formatted to be audio books.  iTunes automatically sees m4b files as audio books, however, if they are mp3 or m4a or anything else it will be added to music.  You will have to convert the media type for iTunes to add it to audio books.  To do this follow these steps:
1) Go to the files in your library, you find them under music once you have added them to the library.
2) Highlight all the files you want to convert.
3) Right click on the Files and press I
4) Go to the media type combo box which is currently set to music and press down.  When I did this my cursor focus switched back to the top, you will have to tab until you get to media type again.  Press down again since it is now set to podcast.
5) Tab to media type again, it should now be on audio book, if so keep tabbing until you get to OK and hit enter.

The files should now be removed from your music library and be added to your audio book library.

If you want to know why it is a good idea to go through all this effort it is because if audio books are listed as music they will be shuffled in with your music and you will keep getting audio book tracks when you skip through songs.  If you convert them you can play the audio books in iBooks which remembers your progress with each audio track and it will keep your music and books separate.