Re: List of Audiogames on Alexa

It actually surprised me when I got into it, though I will say that having a working browser with the alexa ap helped a lot.
Trying it through Ios just wasn't good, and I didn't find many skills last year at all. That combined with the fact the music options on it are pretty pathetic made me stick it on a shelf for close to a year, but hay, at least we're catching up now.

We did have a lovely time over christmas with my parents playing various trivia games, since with having to speak  you don't need to be computer literate to use it. I'm even thinking of buying some of the Echo buttons so my lady and I can play trivial pursuit and actually buz in.

Other none game related functions I find very handy is  skill called Word nurd which can give you the spelling of any word you tell it, also setting reminders is really handy since I tend to forget things (I even set a reminder so that next december the First Alexa will remind me to buy a John rutter carol collection as we missed his carols this christmas big_smile).

Apart from the music, the voice perchicing is a little patchy I find, eg, it didn't seem to be able to tell you the price or buy something if it is not actually sold by amazon. I also found that entering the four digit pass code to buy was one of the few areas wheree Nvda seemed to stumble on the page a little, so at the moment I've disabled voice purchasing so that I don't order an elephant by mistake.
it's easy enough to buy things on line once you use the correct navigation to cut through all Amazon's adds, and it's likely voice purchasing will improve in the future.

Oddly enough I don't have the same problem adding items to a shopping list, which is a function that will prove useful I think, since quite often I'm remembering halfway through the day that we need  a loaf of bread or a bottle of washing up liquid or something else extremely mundane, and then utterly forgetting it when I go shopping big_smile.

Getting back to games, my lady and I are loving the flash briefings both for the news headlines, and for the word of the day, as well as doing question of the day and jeopardy together.

@Orko, btw, I believe the problem with double jeopardy is a uk, ---- or maybe a none us thing, again hopefully it'll be fixed if the developers known about it since it'd be nice to get the full whack as we now have amazon prime.