Re: Amazon Echo

Interesting, I always thought the whole idea behind the Dot was to make a lower cost Echo by elimination the speaker and amplifier and rely on users hooking it up to an existing sound system.

Even so, I'm glad I got the Echo as I have no complaints about the sound quality I get from its built in speaker. I doubt I'd be so satisfied with the Dot's speaker since I do stream music from a local radio station through it. The station plays nothing but classical music and is far enough away that streaming it is the only way to get a listenable signal.