Re: iOS text game, A Dark Room, update released

Well Drg, that's a long time but if there was no map mode I can understand why. the random map is good since it means you have to actually work out where your going all over again. the trading post unlocked for me at 15 traps, but for some reason the  dusty path didn't when I got the compass until I turned the game off and then on again with the ap switcher. once the dusty path unlocked I could find leather and iron and have them show up in the merchant's, ---- indeed this was the  way I unlocked stuff last game since usually I'd  found resources from exploration before I'd built enough stuff for my slaves to start gathering them. But combat is harder with the skills so hard to learn.

luckily with the 30 traps, I can still get a god supply of tradables which  speed things along (yes, the merchant's prices are much higher than what you would get if you had slaves, but obviously that's not an option).

I think  hp is always fixed by what type of armour you've got,  with steel armour giving 50 which is the most you can have, similarly all the weapon  damage is the same, it's just the locations that change between games.

I can say though I'm actually  enjoying this harder mode of the game more, since it's far more interesting to explore for things than get them by exploring than waiting for my slaves to finish.

Because of waiting for the 30 traps thing I don't know what my time will be, but I'll let  people know.

Regarding updates, while the developer has said he's thinking of another access fix, i don't think he's got any plans for more content, since he  prefers the game the length it is rather than making it longer, but  he has said he's thinking about other games in the same style, and would like people to please rate his  dark room so that people will know about it.

I do agree though, even in current state I'd have gladly paid £5 for the game.