Re: the current situation for blind flight simmers?

Hey all,

I am also very interested in this topic.

Unfortunately, I've never really used Flight Simulator, used to play with a sighted friend like 10 years ago but totally missed out on IYP when it was still out there...

So here's what I'm wondering about. When using MCE, is it completely impossible to make a successful landing, or is there possibly a way to accomplish this when using the stock aircraft that come with FSX?
I'm really not too concerned about the various add-ons that exist to enhanced realism, I'm fine with the bare minimum that I'd need in order to control an aircraft and being able to successfully travel from point A to point B.
Is that currently possible, or is it just not going to happen with the tools that are currently out there?

Also, has anybody ever asked Robert if he'd be willing to sell the IYP source code?
Cause if he is, I'm guessing it may be possible to launch a Kickstarter in order to fund the purchase and then make it open-source.

Thanks for your help guys, and have a happy new year 2018!

Robin