Results of the Christmas 2017 title competition

Well, it’s slightly later than expected, but here  is what you’ve all been looking forward, to (when you weren’t looking forward to hero’s call being released that is).

The time for the final results of our 2017 Christmas forum rank title competition.

See all the entries Here in this topic

A huge thanks to everyone who participated, I can say judging was definitely tough for this one, but sadly we did have to knock the 29 entries down to a top ten to create the ten new ranks.

Myself, and two other staff members (who shal remain nameless unless they wish not to be), participated in the judging, and what was interesting in that is how little commonality there was between the three judges, which I’m guessing proves we all like different things.

In the end those titles which got two or more votes ended up on the list, while the last few positions with only the one vote were decided by me and my all godly admin powers big_smile.

Anyway, before this turns into an Oskar speech here are the results:

Honourable mentions

Here are those runners up which one or other of the mods gave a single vote for. I’m afraid you don’t get any sort of prize but the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you made our day happier, ----  or at least full of more difficult choices big_smile.

Bookrage: 6-blade master from the game 6 swords.

Nocturnus, Nano Empirialist, from the game Nano empire.

Pauliyobo the topic surviver from the game Survive the wild (which interestingly enough I think had the most proposed titles along with Adventure at C:).

Lukas, Time adventurer, from (unsurprisingly, the semi abandoned game Time adventures).

Chris 17, Egghunter, from the game Super Egg hunt by Lworks.

Lord Lundin, Tactical forumite, from the game Tactical battle.

Sir badger, Rocky raider, from the game Rocky’s space invaders, (I’ll admit I rather liked this one myself).

Jason Blaze, Shadow of last hope, from the game Shadow line (I believe).

Pelantas, Clicktonian, from the game “Merry clickmas (again I rather liked this one myself).

keithwipf1, Cyber slayer from Adventure at C (I’ll admit deciding between all of these was a struggle).

Jack, Rusted Drive also from adventure at C:.

Origine, So called hero from A hero’s call.

Now, one runner up rank deserves another special mention, that is
Jaseoffire, crazy poster, from the game Crazy party, which again had several entries.

The winning top 10

And now, time to announce the winners.

All of these people earn not only the satisfaction of seeing their title be used on the board, but also a custom title of their choice which I will write out with my own hands.

10: Angel, Kingdom crafter from the game Crafting Kingdom.
As I said, several entries got a single vote and to decide the winners I had to use my Godly Admin powers. Since we like a good spread of games and platforms for the ranks, it’s nice to have an Ios entry.

9: mastodont, Red potter, Again just got the one vote, but I absolutely love the pun with this one, and Redspot has got quite a history in the community and will be getting a db entry as soon as I can sort out trying the game enough to put something together.

08: saiteja, Playroom play boy, with reference to Quentin C playroom, points for creative thinking, and hopefully ladies on the forum won’t mind being called boys for the sake of the rank.

07: keyIsFull, Pragmatic party professional, from crazy party.
Like Crazy poster, this one got two votes, but ended up getting points for alliteration and sounding cool, since after all such an awesome game as Crazy party needs and awesome rank title!

06 : ammericandad2005, Human antivirus. 2, again lots of choice for Adventure at C, and all three entries were considered, but this one is just so involved with the game and sounds so great we had to go for it.

05: pitermach, Master of mana, from the game :Manamon. And of course we need a rank for Manamon, especially one that sounds so awesome big_smile.

04: Mirage, clicker captain, Merry clickmas is now in the db and I’ll be creating a genre category for incremental clicker games, so a good rank to have.

03: RTT entertainment, seventh code hacker, from Code 7. A very new and well put together game that needs publicising, and a nice sounding rank to go with it.

02: connor142, Hero caller, from A hero’s call. It’s fairly obvious why this one needs a rank title, and we’ll be glad to add one.

And now, the absolute first place winner (although I’m afraid there is no special first place prize other than bragging rights), the only entry that all three of our judges thought was cool:
01: Ethin, Dark matter miner, from Cosmic rage, and honest I didn’t just choose this because it had my name on it :d.

Thanks again to everyone who submitted ranks, and don’t worry there will be more rank competitions in the future so more chances to earn yourself a custom title.

Note to winners

To receive your custom title, just reply to this topic with what you want your new title to be. It does not need to be based on games, if you want to be Kylo Ren’s favorite fancy pants fan boy, or snuggle bunny of furry fluffy sugary fuzzy cuteness, your welcome to be (I’m not exactly sure why you’d want to be, but hay I’m not hear to judge).

Just bare in mind there is limited space so no novels please,  since your title will be appearing on every post you make from now so nothing too offensive.

Also I’m afraid winning the competition means one title and only one. No changes, refunds or rewrites aloud, so be very certain it’s the title you want when you reply to this topic.

Once again, a big thank you everyone who took part, and keep a watch the news for our next competition.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector