Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

Speaking of lag, I experienced a good deal of it last year on a windows 8.1 machine with pretty decent specs. This probably had more to do with the machine than the game, as Manamon also took quite awhile to start up. This windows 10 laptop is extremely zippy, and I've had a ery occasional sound stutter (like three times in about thirty hours of gameplay) but that, again, might be the laptop or sound card rather than the game.
If you're wondering how I played the game last year, I was an early beta tester, but things didn't work out, partially but not entirely due to that aforementioned lag issue. I figure there's no harm in saying so publicly now. I mentioned it before, but that was at a time when beta tester confidentiality was a thing, and now the list of testers is right in the credits. I don't have an inside track on all kinds of stuff, my experience with the game was fairly minimal I'm afraid. I really wish I'd managed to make it work. The point here, though, is that on older systems, or systems experiencing a fair amount of slowdown, AHC might create issues, the same way a game like Manamon can. If you want a really easy indicator of slowdown potential, and you own manamon, fire it up, see how long it takes between "loading, please wait" and "load complete". If you have to watch like 20 seconds of cutscene, there's a pretty good chance that AHC will lag in certain spots, particularly on item-heavy maps.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector