I want a Cat Sim!

SO the discussion in another topic got me thinking, and I want this cat sim thing. I was thinking to my self for a while before that, it would be awesome to have, but my programming skills, if any, do not stack up to the challenge. Here's my idea for the game. You play as a cat, you may randomly be allowed out, like, as an indoor / outdoor cat, or kept in all the time, unless you sneak out tongue. As a cat, you will be able to run around, jump and climb up onto things, and do the things cats do, but the game isn't free for all, it has some challenges. Cats have needs, I have a cat, and while I might not be an expert in them, and certainly have misinterpreted my cats wants / needs before, I can give you an outline of that the major ones are. Food, water, litter box; these are the basics, then you get onto more harder to define needs. Cats like to hunt, and they manifest that in different ways being that they're domestic, and don't really hunt, unless you took in a stray from the streets or something, which, incidentally, is what I did. Just to dampen the possible outrage, my cat is perfectly healthy, she's been spayed, is current with flea treatments, etc. Is due for shots but I have an appointment next month to get that taken care of. Anyway, cats can display complex behaviors, like the desire to play, and the seeming need to scratch. I think these are part of the hunting reflex. They play to keep their skills sharp, as that's probably instinct. I would say definitely the need to scratch and play should be in the game. Also, balancing out the need for interaction or affection, with the desire to be alone / in dependant.

What I envision is that you're placed in a house with a family, so a husband and wife, and then the cat. You run around and try to be a cat, satisfying any needs that come up, before they become a problem. If they do become a problem, and say, any of the needs if they start out at 100, hit 0, you lose control temporarily while the cat acts out this need. For food or something, maybe there will not be consequences, as they would just seek out their food bow.. But for scratching, the game would have the cat go to the nearest things that seems scratchable, and scratch it for a while. Now, say the family is away every day, so maybe a day is like 10 minutes game time, and so you have a small period of that time to go wild. if you do scratch up the furniture, either because you failed to satisfy this need yourself, or because you literally went over to it and hit the key to scratch, you would then be in trouble, yelled at, etc. You would not be yelled at for scratching things appropriate to the purpose, such as scratching posts, cat trees, etc. I also think there should be the possibility to climb onto surfaces the family doesn't want you on, like the counter tops, stove tops, refrigerator, dining table, etc. Also, I think you should have the ability to knock stuff over by walking into it.

SO, maybe the game has challenges, but its hybrid sandbox, hybrid meaning you can, for the most part, do what you want as long as you're willing to accept the consequences. Maybe this could be a scolding, to in home obedience, or obedience classes, to, if you're really really bad, they give you up, and the game would end.

It would be great if the husband and wife were voice acted, and we had a game that was like this, you could walk or run and jump, climb, scratch, eat drink, piss shit, claw fight, bite, etc. etc. etc.

I would love to see a game come out like this, but I don't have high hopes of it becoming a thing sad