Re: Voice chat in BGT

Ivan, I do because people go to BGT for *everything*. They don't consider all the limitations BGT has, yet they still want all these cool features (aka voice chat) and don't consider that BGT just make it incredibly hard for them to implement, if not impossible. In other words, I'm trying to assist the community in getting better by getting them to use a non-defunct programming language instead of stagnating like it has. And yes, it's been stagnating. It might not be obvious but it's there.
Also, keep in mind I'm not forcing them. I'm asking. And asking, or telling, people to use a different programming language is not dumb at all. Most programmers do it when someone's chosen a programming language that cannot handle the task they want to do (i.e. VisualBasic's InputBox() function in C# which must be self-designed), or they're doing a shared project (which involves multiple programming languages, a possibility on .NET). It's certainly not dumb.
And I'm not talking down to others. Not in post six, anyway. If I was it would be clearly obvious -- many have seen me do that. In post six I was clearly explaining how BGT cannot handle voice chat of any form (due to it's unstable network library and because of transmission times, it's simply impractical) whereas in C++, for instance, SFML can get you good voice-over IP (there's an example provided to do just that). And yes, it's real time. I might've not been the nicest, but when explaining that something isn't going to work I'm not going to sugarcoat things and wrap it in cotton wool just to satisfy people. I'm going to be blunt about it. And there are lots of people on the forum who do that, so you can't say I'm the only one.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dash via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dash via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dash via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dash via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector