Re: desafio mortal, have virus!

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 38#p300738

Aprone wrote:

MODERATION

I apologize that this has taken so long, but there is finally a decision about Desafio Mortal and the question of stolen code.

The moderator team has been watching this topic unfold for quite some time.  Evidence has been collected and debated from multiple angles, often requiring a large amount of time.  While many people here have chosen their sides based on odd bits of evidence, the moderator team has had access to considerably more information than almost everyone here.  With that being said, I am not sharing an opinion here, I am sharing a determination based on overwhelming evidence.

The developers of Desafio Mortal did in fact use Mason's stolen code.  From the very beginning they have lied about using it.  It appears they did not know about this forum's rule against using it, and because the stickied thread covering this rule somehow got itself moved, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The servers went offline because the developers decided it would be best to tear out all of the stolen code and recode it themselves.  Shame that wasn't done from the very start, but it is a step in the right direction.

Megadimensao is not being banned because we must assume that he did not see the forum's stance on using Mason's code before he made his post.

Until a future time when Desafio Mortal no longer appears to be using Mason's stolen code, it will not be supported here on this forum.  We respect and support our relatively small group of audio game developers, and the theft of their work will not be condoned.  As has been said before, we can not and would not try to stop people from playing this game.  Anyone that is not bothered by this game's beginnings, is welcome to play the game, but I do ask that it not be distributed here on the message board.  Talking about something is fine, but "supporting" it is another thing entirely.  If people post actual links to where this game can be downloaded, the links will be removed.

I do apologize for how long it took for an official decision to be made.  This thread is being closed but not deleted, because for all the drama, plenty of beneficial posts have been made.  If another moderator later decides that this thread should be either unlocked or deleted, then they are welcome to make the change.