Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

First off, thank you all for the continued positive feedback. It means the world to know that our efforts have resulted in something people are enjoying.

Regarding those with .NET issues, I'm sorry to hear about that and very surprised about the 4.5 thing; Ian told me that the game runs on the 4.0 framework. Odd.

General note to those experiencing slowdowns or lag: This is drigin us crazy, because as you can see, some people are running smoothly with very outdated hardware, and others are experiencing slowdowns with beefy modern hardware, which is identical to hardware that works fine for someone else. All I can advise at this point is ensuring that your drivers are up-to-date and that you don't have any background processes or other junk on your machine that may be slowing things down. We're still looking into this and trying to see if there's anything more we can do on our end, but the inconsistency across hardware is making it look more and more like it's an end-user software issue, and not a hardware issue or an issue with AHC itself.

@BlindNinja #891: If I'm guessing right, I think the bug you mention was actually from switching your party after your main died, then was raised as a thrall, then was killed (I think all three of those had to happen to trigger this break). I believe this was fixed in the 1.2 patch but people should definitely be cautious, and let us know if you manage to lose your main character again.

@Imaginatrix #893: Argh. I think we forgot to fix the Star Gem Pendant in 1.2. The whole point of that item was for it to be with a lot of gold, a nd we went and made it un-sellable. Sigh.

@Paddy #907: That error should be resolved by updating your graphics drivers. If you haven't already, please email support[at]outofsightgames.com and we can give you more detailed instructions.

@Aaron #910: That's a huge compliment. Obviously, feel free to spread the word however you like, though it may not hurt to wait until we are sure the game is as stable as possible. I actually think 1.2 has addressed almost all of the known issues, but there are probably still a few bugs lurking in the shadows (not to mention the one we introduced with 1.2)...

@assault_freak and michaelhoffman #936-937: ***Mild Spoilers*** If you've found the secret exit, you can't be far. Trimming the hedges isn't necessary for progress toward the center of the tree—these are two separate, independent quest lines.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : EternalGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLuceus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector