Re: Any Windows 10 Users Experiencing Severe Slow Downs After Update

hi,
I installed the update on my haswell i5 4200 m processor and did not notice anything. However, I know probably why you are experiencing a slowdown. After this update, the microsoft dotnet optimization services, both for 32 bit, and 64 bit run and perform optimizations. The services are mscorsw.exe. You can see that they are running by opening security and maintenence in control panel, and it will say maintenence in progress. My suggesstion is to let your laptop sit idle for an hour or so, for the automatic maintenence to finish. It should then improve. Then again, performance degredation due to the update is also entirely possible.
also, note that the slowdown due to the meltdown and specter flaws will also affect win7 and 8.1 devices, as they also get the patch.