Re: Why Must People Crack Games

@11 That's simply not true, I, for one bought 5 copies of the game, one for myself, and gave the other 4 to other people.

@14 the world isn't so black and white as all that

I also used to torrent and crack all the time. I don't do it anymore, that isn't to say I never will again though, I don't really have a problem with it per se, but I do buy all my stuff now, and if I can't afford it, I save up, and if I can't save up that much, then I just don't get it.

The issue with audio games is that the developers are one man bands. There aren't that many situations where you have audio game developers who work together on the same game like you do with mainstream developers where you have level designers, sound designers, coders, scripters, testers, graphic artists, etc. So you really are taking it out of their pocket.

The reason I didn't feel bad about torrenting larger studios and stuff of that nature is because they literally make millions off of large titles. Is it right, no, stealing is wrong, and stealing software is of the same vein as stealing someone's car, their stereo, TV what have you, but I was able to justify it.