Re: A Hero's Call: an Accessible Fantasy RPG from Out of Sight Games

Ambro86, I don't have much to say about the navigation that hasn't already been said. While I understand what you're saying, in theory, at the end of the day you can't simply flip a switch and say "Navigation Option 2 is available." Because the two options are fundamentally different perspectives. The perspective of the game is first-person, not third-person. You exist in the same space as the main character. Could we make the a third-person navigation mode? Yes, but it would not be the game we designed, because we designed a first-person game. If you prefer to navigate in a top-down third-person mode, we have provided this option by allowing you to explore the map in this perspective. But for actually exploring the world—interacting with things, hearing the sounds around you, walking through locations—third-person navigation isn't an option because that's not the way the game is designed.

Now to pick up a few things that have been asked or mentioned:

@rtt entertainment, regarding retreating from battle: It sounds like you are failing to retreat. Retreat isn't always a sure bet—sometimes you can't get away. There's a somewhat random chance, influenced by your speed and the speed of your enemies. The game is supposed to announce when you fail to retreat but it's possible that if you're not using the battle log, that announcement isn't being spoken.

@ZK, regarding enemies and level caps: Yeah there were a couple of enemies with level caps that slipped through the net. Bandits are the worst as they pretty much are impossible to find after level 42 or so—this will be fixed in an update. Wolves can still be found as buddies of other units, but you have to be in the right places and they aren't very common. We actually may need to figure out a way around this for Madeline's quest, since the design of that quest assumed that you would hang on to any wolf pelts you might get, until you trigger the quest—didn't take into account the New Game + idea, which was added later.

@ogomez92, regarding Linarrio Mausoleum: ***Pro-tips*** Sometimes, people in Farhaven will have as good of answers, or better, than people on the forums for your questions. If you are trying to figure something out, it doesn't hurt to ask people who might have a reason to know about it. Want to know something about the mines? Why not ask a miner, or a miner''s wife. Wondering about some religious matter? See if the priest has any advice. Trying to figure out how to get into Linarrio Mausoleum? Maybe ask someone with the last name Linarrio. We have really tried to reward you for asking around—you'll be surprised the practical hints you can get from talking to people.

@Lord Lucius, regarding tricky sound with multiple campsites: Ooh good catch. We may be able to tweak the audio there to make that more distinctive. I'll add it to the list.

@Jayde, regarding final boss level: Technically the final boss does level with you, as much as any units are able to level. The actual situation with difficulty scaling is a bit more complicated and, while I won't go into details, the boss will ideally track with you but there comes a point when you're going to start outpacing him, and leaving him farther and farther behind the higher your level is. I've never been thrilled with this but we never came up with a better alternative, so there you go.

@nidza07 and Defender, regarding Mysteries of Deepwood **minor spoilers*** The location of this item actually isn't fixed. There are a handful of locations it might show up in. Just don't want anyone getting frustrated when they're told "It's here" and then it isn't there for them.

@BlindNinja #1175: Lol.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector